Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Empire Says Goodbye, Slorgzilla Says Hello

You know what they say about Wall Street: it's all arbitrage fun and off-balance-sheet games until someone loses $12.8 trillion of a former superpower's money.

But this blog isn't just about Wall Street rentiers, transnational aesthetics, or the digital commons, though I'll certainly be talking about those things.

I work in the educational/university/media-industry, and publish academic works as well as less formal but still fairly in-depth research texts. However, I've increasingly felt the need for a more timely, weekly-based form of communication.

This will be a text-only blog for now, but in the future I'm hoping to expand into limited versions of audio and webcasting. I'm keeping it simple, focused, timely, and on-the-fly.

Stay tuned. The good stuff lies ahead.